A) What is the reason for adopting the AIA model?
AIA is an industry led' not-for-profit' body set up with techno-social objectives. The Campus Connect initiative provides a blended framework of classroom, self-study and hands-on education in the field of INTEGRATED AUTOMATION. Individual companies focus on their own products, whereas here the consortium of companies, under the AIA charter have created a brand-neutral approach to education. This will be more effective and appealing to students.
B) What are the other advantages of the courseware?
The course is structured to enrich the ability of students to design networked automation solutions and build projects that can be applied on actual machinery within the campus; such as automated gate control, lighting control, HVAC, etc. The kits have been designed to teach and implement industrial networking to implement:
1. Multi protocol integration
2. Remote Control & Monitoring
C) What is the advantage of signing the MOU with AIA?
Under the AIA MOU, the college will be given
1. Licensed Online courseware for students & teachers with regular updates
2. Enhancing competency of your identified faculty member via the 'train the trainer' program
3. Direct contacts and Technical support from AIA Partners such as SIEMENS, B&R, FESTO, P&F, ROCKWELL and others
4. Guest lectures and guidance for Industrial visits
5. Guidance on live projects and internships
6. Support for conducting skill building programmes for neighboring industry clusters
7. This will open up the possibility of upgradation to a Centre of Excellence